Liliana Rose's 1st Halloween







liliana's first halloween photo shoot:
By: christopher michael barrera

On October 21, 2013 I became an Uncle, that was the day my life changed. Seriously, never did I think that something like this can make me see and feel so different as the role of being an Uncle. I mean, you hear the parents talk about it and you see a glimpse on what it can do to a person when they first lay eyes on their child but as an Uncle, I didn't think I would actually feel this way until I have my own. When first getting to hold Liliana, a part of me almost wanted to cry but then was overtaken with so much joy. When looking at her for the first time, I said to myself "Lord may she grow up being who she is meant to be and not what others want her to be." 

As someone who always looked for the approval of those that disapproved of me or who came against me, I would never want to imagine her growing up feeling unwanted or unloved but rather feeling joy, peace,confidence,powerful and of course, loved. I have no doubt that those are things she will live up to because of the people around her. She will grow up knowing what it means to not only feel loved but to walk in love. She will grow up wanting to make an impact in others lives..She already has with me and my family...So this is the part I share how she changed my life....

FAMILY was something I would call my friends, the ones that stood by me and mentored me. Never would I put my actual family first, and reasons for that is because of the lack of connection I had with them growing up. But one thing I learned from this is that despite the lack of connection I had with them growing up, that shouldn't be a reason for me to not want to build one with them now. The same way I overcame rejection is the same way I overcame this. Liliana helped with that, she was what brought us closer together. When first finding out that my brother was going to become a father, I realized that the one thing he needed the most was support and not judgement. Sure things take time but I can honestly say that my first priorities are my family. They are who I want to spend my downtime with, they are the ones I want to go out with, to watch movies with and throw parties with. Don't get me wrong, the friends I called family are still very much a part of me but there comes a time where you realize how you really should spend the free time you have and with who. Thank you Liliana Rose, you really had a impact not just on my life but on your family as well...







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Youtube Channel

Twitter Updates

Meet the Photographer